Become a Volunteer Today
Are you new to volunteering, or wondering how to get more out of your volunteering experience? Have you had a hard time finding the right place to volunteer? There are dozens of reasons why you should volunteer, you just need to find the one that feels right.
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- Enthusiastic –excited about community service
- Non-judgmental – being able to take an objective view of a person’s problems.
- Aware – being able to recognize other people’s needs and able to look for ways to meet those needs as a result of training and your own life experiences
- Reliable – willing to devote a set amount of time regularly
- Compassionate – having and empathy with the plight of a particular person or situation
- Committed – demonstrating your passion for a cause
- Self-confident – able to work both autonomously and as part of a team where necessary
- Good communicator – able to relate to both fellow workers and those you are trying to help and a willingness to make suggestions for improvements
- Self-assured – able to take constructive criticism on board to improve one’s own skills and ability to help others.